Cooper Tire & Rubber Company(Cooper) is the parent company of a global family of companies that specialize in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sales of passenger car and light truck tires. Cooper has joint ventures, affiliates and subsidiaries that also specialize in medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. Cooper's headquarters is in Findlay, Ohio, with manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its family of companies, located in 11 countries around the world.
Cooper is focused on the replacement tire market and is the:
- 4th largest tire manufacturer in North America
- 1of 2 U.S. based tire company
- Top 11 global tire manufacturer with revenues of nearly $4 billion
- In the top eight truck and bus radial tire manufacturers in the China.
Reporting segments include North America Tire (70% or revenues) and International Tire (30% of revenues).
Cooper has a significant position in the United States, the world's largest market and an emerging position in China, the fastest growing significant market in the world.
Cooper has developed a solid foundation that includes great relationships with dealers, an exciting portfolio of products, a flexible manufacturing footprint and employees who are driven to create value in everything they do.
Cooper has paid dividends every quarter for 40 years.
Cooper has a strategic plan that is used to drive the company in creating shareholder value. Key imperatives of that plan are:
- Develop a competitive cost structure and improve profitability
- Drive topline profitable growth
- Build organizational capabilities