Cooper's commitment to social responsibility is being an outstanding corporate citizen.
Cooper's facilities around the world are located in smaller communities permitting Cooper and its employees to become closely integrated into the communities in which we operate.
This close relationship between Cooper and its communities — established during the course of nearly 100 years has impacted our corporate culture in many important ways. Most importantly, it has imparted upon us a keen sense of obligation to be a good community citizen and the importance of social responsibility. The concepts of "social responsibility," "sustainability" and responsible "corporate governance" were ingrained in the fabric of Cooper long before those terms became popular.
At Cooper, we are committed to:
- Being a powerful positive force in the communities in which we operate.
- Respecting the laws where we operate
- Respecting the cultures and customs of all nations
- Promoting and practicing safe behavior
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue with all groups
- Acting ethically and with honesty and integrity in all that we do
- Responsibly using resources and limiting our impact on the environment
- Employing a diverse group of employees
- Seeking diversity of thoughts, experiences and ideas
Cooper believes its commitment to social responsibility has served it well over the years not only in making Cooper a better place to work and its communities better places in which to live, but also by increasing the growth and profitability of the Company.