Commitment to Quality
Cooper Tire is committed to the quality and safety of our products and to the satisfaction of our customers. We meet this responsibility by continually improving our products, processess and people to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers and our stakeholders.
To accomplish the goals described above, we are dedicated to maintaining an organizational culture and quality system that has:
- A customer focus
- Engaged people
- Relentless process improvement
- Excellence in all we do
Quality products and processes by quality Cooper people is our formula for success!
Tires are designed and built with great care to provide thousands of miles of excellent service. For maximum benefit they must be maintained properly. The most important factors in tire care are:
- Proper inflation pressure,
- Proper vehicle loading,
- Proper tire wear,
- Regular inspection,
- Good driving habits, and
- Vehicle conditions.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is committed to protecting the health, safety and security of each employee. There will be no compromise of an individual’s well-being while providing quality products and service. The implementation of actions to help realize a healthy, injury-free work environment is a leadership responsibility.
Through management leadership and employee participation, the organization commits to:
- Creating a safe and healthy workplace;
- Continuous improvement in safety and health, and to the understanding that the prevention of work related injuries is good business, and that work related injuries are preventable;
- Conforming to the spirit as well as the letter of applicable laws, and regulations, and to the company’s health and safety requirements;
- Integrate health and safety management system considerations into business planning, decision making, and daily activities;
- The recognition that safety and health in all aspects of our operations are necessary to sustain business growth, ensure profitability, and achieve investor reward;
- Training our employees to work safely and to understand that safety and health education provides a foundation for a motivated, dedicated and skilled employee base and a corporate culture in which employees identify with and promote their and Cooper’s success; and
- Auditing our operations to ensure they conform to our policy.
Compliance with safety and health laws and regulations is a company-wide responsibility. Management at each location is expected to accept this responsibility. Employees at all levels are expected to fulfill this responsibility within the context of their particular assignments and to report unsafe conditions within their work areas.
Cooper establishes this safety and health commitment, together with quality, productivity and customer service, as fundamental priorities. No product or service, however, is so critical that this safety and health commitment shall be compromised.